Monday, May 3, 2010

Optioins for seeding leach field in CO. From Tom

Tom, there are many options for seeding a leach field. If the field is in an outlying area and you want to match your existing native grass species you can contact a couple of seed companies Pawnee Buttes Seed and Arkansas Valley Seed. Both of these companies can assist you in selecting a good seed mix. Best time to plant natives without irrigation is in the fall with the exception of Buffalograss. If you want to match the leach field to your existing lawn then you can plant sod in this area. I know many people will say that sod or typical bluegrass species will ruin the pipes by clogging them with roots. Believe me that native grasses can and will produce deeper, more, denser roots than bluegrass given the right situation and on a leach field is the right situation. Last time I looked 99% of the leach fields I see have grass of some type on them and I don't see them having to fix/repair them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute.Good post. I was very interested in the article. it's quite inspiring I should admit.
    Artificial Turf

    ReplyDelete